Coronavirus Help | General Guidance • July 28, 2020
Return to Work
Written by Kevin Murphy
The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is due to end on 31 October 2020.
Although many businesses re-opened after lockdown was lifted and brought their employees back to work, the guidance from the Government remains that you should work form home where you can. Employers have a duty of care over their employees and it is important to do what you can to mitigate the risk of Coronavirus when your staff return to the office.
So what do you need to do? There are some simple steps to carry out.
- Carry out a Coronavirus Risk Assessment – give us a call for our easy to use templates and tips on completing the Risk Assessment.
- Share the risk assessment with your staff.
- Publish it on your website should you wish to (the government recommend that you do).
- Implement any measures as recommended by the Government to ensure that you are mitigating the risk to your staff.
- Update the Risk Assessment to relfect current social distancing guidelines and the best ways to mitigate the risk of the virus.
Remember that completing a Risk Assessment is only the start of complying with your duty of care to your staff. You need to properly communicate your mitigation and risk management and ensure that your staff are complying with the measures which you implement.
You should remind staff that complying with social distancing and your other measures is considered a reasonable management instruction. It is reasonable to informally deal with any failure to comply with the measures before you rely upon formal disciplinary procedures.
Should you require any assistance in understanding the most recent guidance, completing your risk assessments or enforcing the measures you put in place please contact us for an initial consultation (on us!).
You might also like…
Are you fed up with populating contracts of employment for new starters and thinking “what do I need to add into a contract”? Well, allow us to introduce……The Contract Builder! November’s feature of the month for our HR Software Solution. How can I create the...
In the ever-evolving landscape of business operations, it's crucial for companies to stay ahead of the curve. One area that has seen significant advancement is Human Resources, where technology has transformed the way companies manage their workforce. HR software...