HR in Retail.
We know that your business is the product of your hard work. You’re investing in your team to build your business and we recognise that sometimes staff can let you down.
From till shortages and theft to calculating hours and holidays you can rely on Employment Law Solutions to give you an answer to any employment query.
We are proud to partner with The Farm Retail Association and supply HR retail sector advice to over 300 members.
WHAT WE DO
Our solutions to recurring HR Headaches in Retail.
- Answer on whether to suspend or not
- Help with completing the investigation
- Drafting invitation to disciplinary
- Bespoke questions for disciplinary
- Review of decision and draft outcome
Annual leave calculations
- Understanding staff entitlements
- Reviewing annual leave rules
- Full year leave calculations
- Part year leave calculations
- Zero or variable hours comprehension
- Assessment of whether your premises is a shop
- Knowledge of your Sunday working patterns
- Understanding the Sunday trading rules
- Ensuring contracts are properly worded
- Dealing with staff who opt out
Deductions from wages
- Ensuring the right to deduct in contracts
- Attributing lost to an employee
- Knowledge of national minimum wage limitations
- Understanding hardship complaints
- Drafting any letters to employee
WORKING WITH US
Why work with Employment Law Solutions?
“We’ve been working with employment law solutions since 2017. They’re always on hand no matter what question we have.
To have the peace of mind that they’re there for any question or help in anyway it’s just a really good asset to our business.”
Steve, North Kitchen and Bar
“Employment law solutions offer practical advice which meets our operational demands of the business. Having been a client of employment law solutions for over 2 years we have never looked back and I would recommend them to anybody.”
NEWS & BLOG
Read all the latest news from the Employment Law Solutions team.
Food labelling in Farm Shops On 17 July 2016 Natasha Ednan-Laperouse bought a baguette from a PRET store. Natasha was allergic to sesame but due to inadequate labelling, was unaware that the baguette she bought had sesame baked into the bread. Sadly, she...
What is a fit note and who can issue one? A fit note is an assessment carried out by a health care professional that deems an employee unfit to work or fit enough to work but only in certain conditions, in which case adjustments would be recommended. For the first...